Providing pre-construction services tooled for accuracy.
Fransen Pittman’s pre-construction services differentiate the firm from the competition because of the value-generating ideas we provide during each design phase. Clients benefit from accurate building plans that meet schedule and budget. Architects benefit from schematic through design drawing estimates that have stayed true to their original vision. We produce these results thanks to our people, pre-construction approach and cohesion between design phases.
Pre-Construction approach that meets project objectives for budget and design.
Our estimating and cost trending systems dovetail with each phase of design. From conceptual drawings to final construction documents, we actively participate providing innovative ideas and accurate cost information. Additionally, we track soft cost with a project cost matrix and maintain the project schedule for the entire team. Our systems are designed to communicate cost and schedule issues clearly, allowing decisions to be made quickly and keeping the project in budget and on schedule.
During pre-construction we respect the architect's responsibility and the owner's expectation for good design. We understand our job is to enhance the building with additional value through the pre-construction process. The result of our approach to pre-construction is delivery of the best building project for the least possible cost. The following is an outline of our pre-construction services:
- Conceptual estimating
- Schematic estimating
- Design development estimating
- Establish Guaranteed Maximum Price
- Final Bidding of complete Construction Documents
- Subcontractor pre-qualification and selection
- Coordination of bid packages
- Procurement of long lead material
- Continuous Estimating
- Cost trending through each design phase
- Value engineering through each design phase
- Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection, - Coordination
- Site analysis / verification of existing conditions
- Managing the permitting and entitlement process
- Coordinating utility infrastructure to site
- Develop construction phasing plan
- Develop and maintain project schedule
- Maintain project cost matrix
- Constructability reviews
- Cash flow projections
- Building Information Modeling